Members who attended the January 18th meeting voted to add a new feature to our upcoming sale! Following the sale of the cataloged registered lots, there will be a set of commercial bred heifers sold. These heifers will be required to meet the specific criteria noted below:
- Consignors must be members of the Heart of the Ozarks Angus Association. (Membership forms are available here on our website or see any board member or officer.)
- Heifers must be daughters of a registered black angus bull.
- Heifers must have vaccinations up to date.
- Good docility is a very high priority and heifers must have good body condition.
- Heifers must be bred to a registered black angus bull. Health papers from a veterinarian, issued within 45 days of sale date, are required to verify pregnancy.
There will be a $25 per head consignment fee paid prior to sale. This fee is refundable and will be deducted from the sale expense if the cattle show up for the sale. Sale expense will include $16 per head barn rent, and 1.5% commission.
This event will be announced in our sale catalog and will be promoted in our regular sale advertising.
Any questions? Please contact Kelly Smith, Tom Asher or Stan Smith for more details.